Before you start this activity do the tutorial on your iPad or phone.
Open the Book Creator app.
1. Add a new book – tap the new book at top left of the screen.
2. Choose a shape for your book. You have three options – portrait, square of landscape.
3. Make your front cover. Choose a colour and font. Tap ‘INSPECTOR’ button at the top right to custom your colour.
4. Add text to your title – if you make a mistake – tap the UNDO button.
5. Add an image – either choose the camera to take a photograph or choose a photograph saved from the internet.
6. Add a new page by tapping the large + button.
7. Preview your book in i books.
8. Save your book.
Make your fact file
Pit pony facts
Pit ponies were mainly used in coalmines in the 1800s and early to mid-1900s.
One of reasons for the strong bond between the miner and the pony was the belief that the ponies had a sixth sense and could alert the miners to danger.
The ponies were fed on a diet of chopped hay and maize.
Pit ponies strength made them able to pull heavy carts and their small size allowed them to manoeuvre in cramped conditions.