The king and the tailor
Jess Smith is a Scottish Traveller and writer. Ever since she was a child she has loved hearing stories and she loves telling stories about the travelling folk. She particularly loves children to hear her stories.
Jess has kindly agreed to read stories for the STEP families website to help families during the coronavirus. This first story is about a king and his best friend the tailor. Hope you enjoy it!
Look out for the next story soon.
After hearing the story
- Why was the tailor not very enthusiastic about retiring?
- Did his hands really bother him? Why?
- Why did he keep making smaller and smaller clothes?
- Why was he happy to go back to visit the king?
- What was the main message that you learned from the story?
- Have you ever felt as though you missed someone a lot? What did you do to make yourself feel better?